In the past three years, Advanis has worked with approximately 60 public sector organizations/departments, including the Government of Canada, six provinces, and numerous municipalities, universities, school boards, workers' compensation, and health care organizations.
Advanis has conducted public sector social research in several areas such as healthcare, education, labour, and agriculture (just to name a few). Examples of recent engagements include:
- Investigation of shoppers’ needs and perceptions as it relates to local food purchasing, with a goal to identify unique market segments, based on shopping attitudes and behaviour, ways that they could best be engaged to purchase B.C. local food in the future;
- Advanis partnered with the Alberta Cannabis Secretariat (ACS) of Alberta Justice and Solicitor General to conduct an extensive public engagement in advance of cannabis legalization in Canada;
- Evaluation of population satisfaction for public healthcare services, specifically related to language barriers in receiving services;
- Annual study of Canadians’ use of alcohol, tobacco, and drug products;
- Census of graduating students, evaluating their employment or continuing education plans;
- Survey of home renters across Canada, evaluating the stock of rental units in Census Metropolitan Areas;
- Surveys and qualitative discussions about budgetary priorities and trade-offs, with results available to the government in the pre-budget planning period;
- Satisfaction research with parents in several school boards.